- An Introduction to the Library Catalog will be offered 4 times. Friday, June 29 at 9:00 a.m. and at 10:00 a.m., Friday July 6 at 10:00 a.m., and Friday, July 20 at 9:00 a.m. This class will cover how to create a PIN and log in to your account, how to search for items, placing holds, and renewing items.
- On Friday, July 6 at 9:00 a.m., Introduction to Computers will be taught. This class will teach the basics of turning on a computer, using the mouse, and saving files.
- Beginning Word (2007) will be taught on July 13 at 9:00 a.m. This class introduces people to the basic commands to create a word processing document. Intermediate Word will be taught at 10:00 a.m. This class builds on the previous one, and teaches how to insert photographs, create lists using bullets and numbers, and set margins, tabs, and line spacing.
- On Friday, July 20 at 10:00 a.m., Beginning Internet will teach how to use a web browser, click on links, and search the internet.
- Beginning Excel will be taught on July 27 at 9:00 a.m. This class teaches the basics of creating a spreadsheet and adding rows and columns. Intermediate Excel will be offered at 10:00 a.m. This class teaches how to balance a checkbook, use multiple worksheets, and create charts.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Summer Computer Classes
We are back to offering computer classes, and have added a class on how to use our new catalog, Oceanbooks! If you or someone you know would like to work on your computer skills this summer, give us a call!