Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mink River Readers Theater this Thursday, 7 pm at the Newport Performing Arts Center

When Patti Littlehales, chairperson of this year's Newport Reads events, asked me to participate in developing a readers theater script for the 2013 book, Mink River by Brian Doyle, I was thrilled.  After all, it is a favorite book of mine.  When she asked if I would direct the piece, I was flattered and terrified!  I had never directed a script before, producer of lots of things but never a director.  However, when I was given the list of readers, the thrill returned.  In this town full of talent, it would be an easy task.  And it was.

Our talented cast of readers include; Shawn Brateng, Rick Bartow, Jeff Ingram, Jody Stecher, Catherine Rickbone, Cheryl Bachart, Ali Bachart and Luke Bachart.  There is another famous in Newport actress reading the part of No Horses but you'll have to join us at the PAC this Thursday, April 11 at 7:00 p.m. to find out who she is.


1 comment:

  1. I love the concept of our very own local characters portraying those of Mink River. And they were excellent! They left us wanting more - what else can you say?

    ReplyDelete