- Introduction to Library2Go will be taught on Friday, October 3 at 9:00 a.m. This class teaches how to create an account with Library2Go and download ebooks and audiobooks. At 10:00 a.m., Introduction to Publisher will be offered. Publisher is a desktop publishing program that can be used to create posters and greeting cards.
- A new class will be taught on Friday, October 10 at 10:00 a.m. Internet Safety: Avoid Getting Scammed Online, which will share tips on avoiding identity theft and financial fraud when using the internet.
- Introduction to Facebook will be taught on October 17 at 9:00 a.m. This class teaches the basic features of Facebook, with an emphasis on privacy settings. At 10:00 a.m., we will offer a class on using Novelist and Goodreads. Novelist is a database of books, authors, and book recommendations, and Goodreads is a free website for tracking and rating books read.
- On Friday October 24, Introduction to PowerPoint will be taught. This class will cover how to create a slideshow with text and images.
- On Saturday, October 25, Beginning Computer will be offered at 1:00 p.m. This class covers how to use a mouse, create folders, and open programs on the desktop. The computers used have the Windows 7 operating system.
- Genealogy Research using HeritageQuest will be taught on Friday, October 31, at 9 a.m. HeritageQuest includes U.S. Census Records going back to 1790, as well as other historical documents. Beginning Internet will be offered at 10:00 a.m., and covers how to use a web browser and search the internet.
All classes are free and last one hour. Registration is required. For more information, please call (541) 265-2153 or check the library's website.