At the start of each year we tend to take stock of our lives and consider areas we can improve upon. Have you had a yen to study a language? Did you get a new tablet or computer for Christmas, and need help learning to use it? Would you like to learn how to download eBooks and audiobooks from Library2Go?
If so, you're in luck! During the month of January, we are offering the following free classes:
- On Friday, January 9, Online classes with LearningExpress Library and Mango will be offered at 9:00 a.m. This class will introduce students to signing up for online lessons in Microsoft Office products, Adobe software, and over 60 languages.
|Photoshop Tutorial in LearningExpress Library|
- Introduction to Library2Go will be taught on Monday, January 12 at 6:00 p.m. This class shows how to log in, search, and borrow ebooks and audiobooks from Library2Go. Students may bring their own devices if they have specific questions.
- On Friday, January 16, Beginning Excel will be taught at 9:00 a.m. This class teaches the basics of creating a spreadsheet and adding rows and columns. Intermediate Excel will be offered at 10:00 a.m. This class teaches how to balance a checkbook, use multiple worksheets, and create charts.
- Beginning Word will be taught on January 23 at 9:00 a.m. This class introduces people to the basic commands to create a word processing document. Intermediate Word will be taught at 10:00 a.m. This class builds on the previous one, and teaches how to insert photographs, create lists using bullets and numbers, and set margins, tabs, and line spacing.
- On Friday, January 30 at 9:00 a.m., we’ll teach Introduction to Tablets and iPads. Students are encouraged to bring their own devices, along with any questions they may have.
- On Saturday, January 31 at 11:00 a.m., Introduction to Computers will be taught. This class covers the basic concepts of using a PC, such as learning to use a mouse, opening programs, and scrolling.