Friday, July 11, 2014
From Aardvarks to Zygotes
Libraries continue to support both young readers and life-long learners, and we’ve recently added an amazing collection of titles to our Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL). The following are possible topics to research with a sample of the results from the GVRL for each.
My son wants to learn about robots.
- “How Robots Move,” Robots
- “Robot Toys,” Encyclopedia of Science, Technology, and Ethics
- “Robotics,” The Gale Encyclopedia of Science
Last month was the 100th anniversary of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, which is considered the spark that ignited World War I. I’d like to know more about him.
- “Archduke Franz Ferdinand, assassination of,” The Greenhaven Encyclopedia of Terrorism
- “Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria,” Encyclopedia of World Biography
- “Franz Ferdinand,” World War I Reference Library
I’ve been hearing about the decline in coral reefs, and want to learn more.
- “Coral and Coral Reef,” The Gale Encyclopedia of Science
- “Coral Reef Ecosystems,” Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia : Extinction
- “Coral Reefs and Corals,” Climate Change : In Context
database page and log in with your Newport library card and PIN. Maybe you’ll learn something new this summer about ants or atoms ..... or even Aztecs!