Friday, November 13, 2015

Color your way to calm!

I remember when I was a kid, the thrill of opening a new box of crayons, smelling the fresh waxiness and admiring the bright colors.  Later as a teenager, I enjoyed using felt pens to color psychedelic Peter Max-style designs. Now adults are coloring with a passion; even my 86 year old mother has joined the frenzy!  When I heard that libraries were hosting adult coloring clubs, I thought, "Why not?"  So next week, will be the first meeting of our new Coastal Colorists Club.

The program will take place from 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 18.  We have a variety of coloring pages to choose from, and a supply of colored pencils.  If you are already into coloring and prefer your own tools, feel free to bring them.

 Once I started researching adult coloring books, I realized what a huge phenomenon they have become! They are being promoted as a means of reducing stress, and compared to meditation for their cognitive and mental health benefits.

I'm not making any promises, but I do hope those who come will enjoy themselves, feel relaxed, and possibly make new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment