Monday, March 7, 2016

Books I've Always Wanted To Read


March is “Read A Book You’ve Always Wanted To Read Month.” Even the short list of books I’ve always wanted to read is a pretty long one: Pride And Prejudice, The Decameron, Remembrance of Things Past, The Tale of Genji, works by Jules Verne, Henry James, Virginia Woolf, Naguib Mahfouz, Chinua Achebe, and many, many more.

Of the dozens of titles on that long list, I’ve picked Leo Tolstoy’s classic, War and Peace. I love a big, meaty story that I can get lost in. I’m also a fan of historical fiction, and War and Peace certainly satisfies both of those requirements. I’ve also heard that the BBC is currently airing a well-reviewed mini-series, available on DVD soon, and I certainly want to read the book before I watch the series.

I’m sure you must have a title or two that you’ve always wanted to read. Post them in the comments below. I might want to add them to my own list because I’m always looking for something to read. I’ve also posted a few links to sites that might help you find more works of great literature to add to your own list. I know I have, and now my list is even longer!

 Goodreads Classics Reading List

The Guardian - 100 Greatest Novels Of All Time

 Modern Library's 100 Greatest Novels Of All Time

No comments:

Post a Comment